Become a UpTOSpeed Techexpert
Want to help older adults use technology and improve their lives? As a UpTOSpeed Tech expert you will be able to be your own boss, setting your own hours so you can provide support to seniors when most convenient for you! The starting compensation will be $15/hr. Responsibilities of a Tech Expert include:
- Completing telephone and video chat technical support calls.
- Conducting 1-on-1 and group educational lessons covering common online platforms and computer topics.
In terms what we are looking for in a potential candidate, we require the following:
- A strong technical background, preferably someone with IT or engineering experience/education.
- Strong problem solving, communication, and teamwork skills.
- A recent criminal background check (conducted in the past two years).
- Minimum commitment of 5 hours per week.
Please complete the application form below and please make sure you submit a video interview. We require you to complete a video interview to help us in the selection process. Please provide a 90-second video submission in which you'll need to answer the following questions:
- Why do you think you'd be a great UpTOSpeed Tech Expert?
- Briefly run through how you would help a senior with low digital competency learn how to set up a zoom meeting?
Email the video to email@example.com or uploaded the video to YouTube, make sure it is unlisted (instructions: here) and provide the link below. You will then be contacted in 1-2 business days via email to let you know whether you were selected to be an UpToSpeed Tech Expert.